Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter is: Hardie Grant UK Ltd (company no. 2904972) whose registered office is at 52-54 Southwark Street, London, SE1 1UN.
2. The prize draw is open to residents of the United Kingdom only aged 18 years or over except employees of Hardie Grant UK Ltd and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
3. The prize draw is free to enter but only entrants who show proof of pre-order of Sea & Shore, a book by Emily Scott, are eligible for the prize
4. By entering this prize draw, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry for the prize draw and details of how to enter are available at:
6. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
7. Closing date for entry will be 00.00 BST 09.06.2021. After this date no further entries to the prize draw will be permitted.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The rules of the prize draw and how to enter are as follows:
Entrants must have pre-ordered a copy of Sea & Shore online, and emailed their eReceipt/proof of purchase to email@example.com
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the prize draw and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this prize draw.
The prizes available are as follows:
- George's Surf School: A private surf session with George's Surf School for 2 people.
George's Surf School
The surf session needs to be pre-booked and is subject to availability. The winner will be responsible for their own travel to and from George’s Surf School.
- Meal for 2: at Emily Scott Food restaurant in Watergate Bay (excluding drinks)
Emily Scott Food
On the Beach
The meal for 2 excludes drinks, needs to be pre-booked and is subject to availability. The winner will be responsible for their own travel to and from the restaurant.
- A bottle of Emily’s Red Wine Malbec Merlot blend 2016 by winemaker Mark Hellyar (75 CL, RRP £25)
- A bottle of BORA Botanical Rum from Penryn Spirits (50 CL bottle, RRP £30)
The prizes are as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
12. The winners will be chosen at random by Hardie Grant UK Ltd, from all entries received and verified by Promoter.
13. Hardie Grant UK Ltd‘s decision as to those able to take part and selection of the winners is final. No correspondence relating to the prize draw will be entered into.
The winners will be notified by email within 2 days of the closing date. If a winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
14. The promoter will notify the winners how the prize can be claimed.
15. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the prize draw will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. By entering this prize draw, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
17. The prize draw and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
18. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
19. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
20. Entry into the prize draw will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
22. Hardie Grant UK Ltd shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
23. Hardie Grant UK Ltd also reserves the right to cancel the prize draw if circumstances arise outside of its control.