Hardie Grant UK Ltd is bound by the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
We understand the importance of, and are committed to, protecting your personal information.
Hardie Grant UK Ltd does not sell personal information under any circumstances.
1. Who we are
2. How we collect your personal information
We will collect and hold your personal information in a fair and lawful manner, and not in an intrusive way. Where it is reasonably practical to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you, using the following means:
(a) when you make a purchase from us;
(b) when you subscribe to receive information from us;
(c) when you make an inquiry or order through our websites, by telephone or in writing (whether physical or electronic)
(d) through any mobile applications provided by our organisation;
(e) while conducting customer satisfaction and market research surveys;
(f) As otherwise required to manage our business.
3. Types of personal information we collect
The type of personal information we may collect can include (but is not limited to), your name, region or postal address, email address, phone numbers, together with information about the products or services we have provided you.
Where you do not wish to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with requested goods or services.
4. Our purposes for handling your personal information
As a general rule, we only process personal information for purposes that would be considered relevant and reasonable in the circumstances.
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information to:
(a) offer and provide you with our goods and services;
(b) communicate with you, including (but not limited to), emailing tax invoices, dispatch and tracking information, returns and exchange authorisations;
(c) keep you up-to-date with information on new product releases, other company developments and news from relevant third parties, where you have given us your consent
(d)administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter;
(e) comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; and
(f) Otherwise to manage our business.
We will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose unless you have consented to that use or disclosure.
We may disclose personal information to group companies within our organisation or to third parties such technical and support service providers, or our professional advisors, where permitted by the Data Protection Act. If we disclose information to a third party, we require that the third party protect your information to the same extent that we do.
5. Protection of personal information
We will hold personal information securely, as either physical records, electronically on our intranet system, in cloud storage, and in some cases, records on third party servers, which may be located overseas.
We maintain appropriate physical, procedural and technical security for our offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, or modification of personal information. This also applies to disposal of personal information.
We further protect personal information by restricting access to only those who need it to do their job.
We will destroy or de-identify personal information once it is no longer needed for a valid purpose or required to be kept by law.
6. Direct marketing
Like most businesses, marketing is important to our continued success. We believe we have a unique range of products and services that we provide to customers at a high standard. We therefore like to stay in touch with customers and let them know about new opportunities. We may provide you with information about new products, services and promotions either from us, or from third parties which may be of interest to you.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
If at any time you wish to remove your details from the mailing list, simply click the unsubscribe link in any of our newsletters or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Your rights to access and correct your personal information
The General Data Protection Regulation provides for rights of access, modification and deletion of your personal information, as follows:
WHAT THE RIGHT MEANS
The right of access
Your right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data along with details regarding the nature of processing.
The right of rectification
Your right to obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data.
The right of portability
Your right to receive the personal data concerning provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
The right to be forgotten
Your right to erase your personal data.
The right to restrict processing
Your right for your data to be effectively ‘frozen’; stored and not further processed.
The right to object
You may contact us at email@example.com to request access to the personal information that we hold about you and/or to make corrections to that information, at any time.
We will respond to all requests for access to or correction of personal information within a reasonable time.
8. Overseas transfers of personal information
In the event that data is transferred outside the European Economic Area, your information will be afforded the level of protection as required under UK data protection legislation.
9. Using our Websites
We use Google Analytics to gather statistics on the usage of our Websites. Google may aggregate data they collect from their various services including Google Analytics, Google Translate, Google Maps and YouTube. More details are available on the Google Analytics website at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
10. Resolving personal information concerns
Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7601 7500
We take all complaints seriously, and will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the data protection supervisory authority in the UK (www.ico.org.uk / helpline : 0303 123 1113).
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
The last update to this document was 18th May 2018.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date, as stated on the competition page. All entries shall become the property of Hardie Grant UK Ltd, and their directors, officers, representatives and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting entrants or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information, or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to UK residents only. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 18.
4. The prizewinners will be decided by Hardie Grant UK Ltd. Hardie Grant UK Ltd will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winners. The prizewinners will need to respond within two weeks of being contacted by email; otherwise the prize/s will be awarded to another correct entrant selected at random.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page; no entry received after that time will be considered.
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prizes or offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
7. The prizewinners will be notified by email or electronic Direct Message. If any of the selected entrants do not meet all of the contract conditions, other entrants will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competition is not open to employees of Hardie Grant UK and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prizes must be accepted as awarded.
10. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
11. All entries become the property of Hardie Grant UK Ltd who assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Hardie Grant UK Ltd on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Hardie Grant UK Ltd reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Hardie Grant UK Ltd corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Hardie Grant UK Ltd reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
12. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 18 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
13. For name/s of prize winners, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked Hardie Grant UK Ltd, 52-54 Southwark Street, London, SE1 1UN. No entries should be sent to this address.
14. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
16. No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently. Automated entries are not permitted and will be disqualified.
17. Unless otherwise stated, prizes include delivery to the UK mainland only
Applicable Law/Courts of Jurisdiction
Contracts formed between Hardie Grant UK Ltd and users as a result of using this site shall be governed in all respects by English law and all such users hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.