Hardie Grant Publishing, Melbourne
Hardie Grant Publishing is looking for a shipping manager to join the Publishing Services team, to work closely with the inventory and product teams.
You will support the publishing and sales activities of the business by managing the air and sea freight requirements across the business. This includes tracking stock movement from suppliers and ensuring consistent visibility on stock and shipments. You will communicate the status of stock to the wider business and external parties, and maintain an efficient system alongside the team in order to monitor and manage approvals of purchasing, invoices and shipments.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least three years’ experience in a similar shipping role
- A sound knowledge of the logistics industry
- An interest in the book publishing industry
- Experience with sophisticated stock management systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel
The candidate must also possess:
- Clear communication skills
- The ability to independently solve problems
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- A meticulous attention to detail
- A positive attitude
Hardie Grant Publishing is a vibrant, successful, diverse and dynamic business with a list of books across a range of subjects including food, wine, sport, history, true crime, humour, popular culture and social issues. Our food and wine books are now recognised as some of the world’s best, carrying off major international awards as well as many of Australia’s most highly regarded design awards.
HOW TO APPLY
Did we just describe you? If so, we'd love for you to get in touch. Please send your application, to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a full-time position. Start date is July 2019.