Hardie Grant Publishing, Melbourne.
Hardie Grant Publishing is an Australian-owned independent publisher,
We are looking for a commercially-minded inventory controller to join the Publishing Services team (based in Richmond), to work across multiple divisions within the Hardie Grant Publishing business.
- Control & advise on stock flow; resolve warehouse and stock problems
- Report on and assist purchasing and stock management over product life cycle
- Title metadata data entry and maintenance
- Liaise between distributors, external publishing partners, and internal staff
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least one year’s experience in a similar role
- A suitable tertiary degree
- Familiarity and interest in the book publishing industry
- Experience with title management and warehousing (WMS) software, such as Bookmaster and Firebrand
- Strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of forecasting, global supply chains, warehousing, stock risks, book retail market
The candidate must also possess:
- Willingness to learn and continually self-improve
- Strong analytical skills
- Clear communication skills
- Ability to independently solve problems
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
Hardie Grant Publishing is a vibrant, successful, diverse and dynamic business with a list of books across a range of subjects including food, wine, sport, history, true crime, humour, popular culture and social issues.
HOW TO APPLY
This is a permanent position to be filled in September 2019.
Please send your application to email@example.com and note we will not consider applications without a cover letter and full CV.
Job description available on request.