Are you a passionate designer who can debate the virtues of Gotham over Helvetica? Can you spot bad kerning from 10 paces? Then Hardie Grant Media would like to meet you!
We are Australia’s largest independent publishing and content agency, working with a wide range of clients and some of Australia’s best brands. We offer a collaborative work environment, strong learning and development program, and an inclusive culture where your creative input is both encouraged and rewarded.
We are seeking an experienced junior designer to join our Sydney team in a full-time permanent position. With solid experience in both print and digital design, you will relish the opportunity to work on multiple publications in multiple formats.
What we’re looking for
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who can bring to the role:
- A passion for print design with a willingness to learn and grow your craft
- A folio of work showcasing at least three years' experience in editorial design
- Solid proficiency in Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Strong brand awareness and the ability to work within set guidelines
- Good communication skills
- A fine eye for detail, layouts and colour reproduction
- Preparation of files for pre-press/print is second nature
- Ability to create considered style sheets and page templates
- The ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines
- Experience in creating digital assets for online use and social channels. Skills in animation and/or illustration also a bonus.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Send your application to email@example.com
with a cover letter telling us why you’re perfect for the role, together with your CV and three examples of design work as low-res PDFs, or a link to your online portfolio.
You must be an Australian permanent resident or have the right to work in Australia to apply for this position.
Hardie Grant is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We welcome job applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experience.