After a decade working in the UK publishing industry, Fiona Hardie and Sandy Grant returned to Australia and imagined how they could meet the custom publishing demands of the local market. In 1998, Hardie Grant Media (known then as Hardie Grant Magazines) was born.
While our custom magazine roots taught us the power of perfect words blended with beautiful design, our work now comes to life everywhere! You’re likely to consume our ideas as websites, iPad magazines, content-rich apps, emails, social media, books and e-books, guidebooks, maps and more.
Today we are Australia’s largest independent content and custom publishing agency.
Life at Hardie Grant Media
Creating great content to fuel strategies that are just right takes a special kind of person. It’s all about balance. Our people are passionate about using content to tell stories, connect people to brands, and improve their lives. But we also love people with interests outside of work, who are curious about the world, and who have a positive attitude to life.
Ongoing learning and development
We think it’s important to take care of our team and invest in ways that help them to be at their best every day. Life at Hardie Grant Media consists of:
– there’s regular training and access to events, conferences, seminars, and lunch and learns, working groups, special projects and mentoring.
Flexible working hours
– we know people have lives, kids, study – even pets – so we won’t lock you to your desk. We manage our people based on the work they do, not just by being physically present.
The office space
– spacious open plan offices in Melbourne and Sydney encourages transparency, creativity and helps us work together.
Top Dog Awards
– monthly staff awards for those best living our values through their role in the team.
Refer a friend
– our staff are our best ambassadors and in turn our best recruiters. Refer a friend and we owe you.
Helping where we can
– we have a strong partnership with a very deserving charity partner, as well as giving staff days off to volunteer.
e – we have a clear goal to be an employer of choice and have a committee in place to help this happen.
Part of the group
– we’re always thinking big picture and adopting global best practices by connecting in with Hardie Grant’s 230 staff across Melbourne, Sydney, London and San Francisco offices using tools like Yammer and Skype to share and collaborate.
If you’re interested in working with us, visit the Hardie Grant Careers page
or find us on LinkedIn