Hardie Grant Publishing, San Francisco, USA.
Hardie Grant Publishing seeks an experienced, creative and enthusiastic Publicity Manager to work with us in San Francisco on the vibrant, award winning publishing and rapidly growing business in the United States and Canada. The ideal applicant will thrive in a fast paced environment and will be results focussed and self-motivated.
Hardie Grant is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. This position is located at Chronicle Books’ office in San Francisco. Chronicle Books is our distribution partner in North America.
The scope of the role is to:
- Create, oversee and implement creative publicity campaigns for all major titles each year.
- Write press releases, and pitch letters.
- Create targeted mailing lists in collaboration with authors. Develop and maintain relationships with broadcast, print and online media to secure features and reviews.
- Develop and maintain relationships with publicity and marketing departments across the Hardie Grant publishing companies.
- Present publicity campaigns and strategy to authors and other stakeholders.
- Work within established deadlines and budget. Allocate budget per project as relevant.
- Provide a round-up of media coverage for distribution to authors and other stakeholders
- Create excerpt of reviews for metadata when appropriate.
- Communicate all publicity efforts to sales teams in order to drive sales.
- Research new media outlets.
- Establish and maintain relationships with event managers at bookstores and other organizations. Arrange and participate in author book events and special events. This may include evening and weekend hours.
- Supervise staff.
- Arrange and lead seasonal meetings with key media outlets. This will include some travel.
- Participate in sales conferences and seasonal briefings preparing and presenting relevant publicity information.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail and superb organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task, determine priorities, and remain cool under pressure.
- Ideally a minimum 4 years’ experience in the book industry.
Hardie Grant Books is a vibrant, successful, diverse and dynamic business with a list of books across a range of subjects including food, wine, sport, history, true crime, humour, popular culture and social issues. Our food and wine books are now recognised as some of the world’s best, carrying off major international awards as well as many of Australia’s most highly regarded design awards.
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
by Friday 6 December
Applications without a cover letter and CV will not be considered.
Hardie Grant is an equal opportunity employer.