An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, proactive individual to join our team as Production Coordinator. If you're keen to grow or launch your career in book production and have a solid knowledge of knowledge of colour reproduction and printing processes, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Senior Production Controller, this varied role will work across a growing list of books and e-publishing products, including the key focus of navigating books and digital material from concept to delivery. This will involve:
- Liaising with suppliers of production services, to ensure that the Company’s requirements regarding quality, schedule, and budget are fulfilled.
- Working with the HG editorial, design, and rights/marketing departments to ensure that customers’ contractual requirements are met, and that any problems are notified/dealt with promptly.
- Maintain schedules using the Company’s management information systems.
- Checking colour proofs and running sheets as part of the Company’s Quality control procedure.
- Liaising with suppliers regarding schedules to ensure all contractual arrangements are satisfactorily completed.
- Issuing purchase orders in accordance with pre-set budgets, check invoices and assist in maintaining adequate data filing systems for the benefit of the Company.
- The handling, production and purchase of files to be used in e-format publications and other media.
- Contributing to sustainable production strategies and initiatives in accordance with company ESG policies
This is a permanent, full time role based in our Southwark office. To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter to RecruitmentUK@hardiegrant.com by COB Friday 6 October. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Hardie Grant is a successful, fast-growing, independent publisher of illustrated non-fiction. We publish beautiful, informative, and practical books on areas including cooking, craft, fashion, nature, interiors, wellbeing, and empowerment. Our books encourage people to live well, eat well and be happy. Alongside our illustrated list, we have a growing list of narrative titles as well as a critically acclaimed children’s publishing programme. Hardie Grant supports flexible working and offers many benefits including bonus leave days, volunteer days and Employee Assistance Programs. We believe it's our responsibility to create a culture of belonging where everyone is welcome, and all are equal. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.