Join the marketing team at Hardie Grant Publishing, one of Australia’s leading independent publishing companies with offices in Melbourne, Sydney, London and San Francisco.We are a creative publisher of quality stylish, cutting-edge books, looking for an enthusiastic Digital Marketing Manager to lead and contribute to the digital strategy for our Melbourne-based Hardie Grant Books and Explore divisions.
Work on a varied and exciting list of local and international non-fiction books, from food and wine to memoir, biography, sport, travel and design. Reporting to the Head of Marketing the successful candidate will develop, manage and implement digital campaign activity; review and communicate analytics; implement audience development, segmentation and engagement activity focused on promoting the Hardie Grant Books and Hardie Grant Explore lists. The role will deliver our marketing strategy, with the support of the wider marketing team, direct to consumers and online retailers, enhancing brand awareness and engagement while curating the widest possible audience and empowering authors to maximise reach through their own networks to drive awareness and sales.
Key Selection Criteria
• Minimum of 3 years’ marketing experience. Experience working at a digital agency will be viewed favourably.
• Creative, highly organised, efficient, have excellent communication skills, and is a great multi-tasker.
• Writing skills necessary to win over booklovers and the ability to be creative with campaign ideas
• Love working in a team, experienced in digital promotion including managing campaigns, content, multiple digital channels and the Metaverse advertising platform
• Proficiency in Google Analytics and working knowledge of the Google Ads suite
• Working SEO and SEM knowledge
• Excellent understanding of the evolving digital marketing landscape and interested in exploring new opportunities that space
* Interested in working in the book publishing industry
• Previous experience in book publishing is preferred but not essential.
This position is full time, based in either Melbourne or Sydney. If you’re ready to take the next step in your career and work in a friendly, supportive environment, we want to hear from you. To apply, or see the full job description, email your CV, a cover letter and a brief response to the key selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 26 August. Applications without a cover letter or response to the key selection criteria will not be reviewed.
Hardie Grant supports flexible working and offers many benefits including bonus leave days, volunteering, company-wide hack days, ongoing learning and development programs and much, much more. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply, including people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.