Do you have a passion for smart storytelling, excellent client management and strong communication skills? Do you have 4-5 years’ hands-on content marketing experience, including within an agency working in client service? Are you keen to join one of Australia’s most exciting and respected independent content agencies?
Then look no further: Heads & Tales is currently looking to recruit an experienced account manager who will bring personality, positivity and professionalism to this critical role and help us to deliver exceptional content marketing services to our diverse range of clients.
Based in Sydney, you’ll report directly to our Account Director and work closely with our senior client success team, partnering with our creative team to build, engage and influence audiences for our integrated content marketing clients.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be the go-to person for your clients. As Client Partner, you’re the primary contact for the account and will own and develop the relationship. You will live and breathe their business (and category) and always be a step ahead of their needs and those of their customers.
- Assist in creating the content marketing strategy for your clients in partnership with our Strategy & Innovation Director, Content & Editorial Director, and Account Director; and manage its execution and the overarching client work plan.
- Manage projects and campaigns end-to-end. You will develop briefs, host meetings, manage stakeholders and approvals, review, and report on data, and then roll up your sleeves and deliver some components yourself while working with others (within our internal and external network) to get the right things done on time, on budget and to the highest standard.
- Advocate for the client (and their customer) to ensure that we’re not just checking off boxes on a to-do list or task manager, but instead moving them forward and reaching their objectives.
Core competencies required for this role:
- Stakeholder management and client service
Client-obsessed and focused on delivering the best client experiences. A natural people person, you’re approachable and enjoy building relationships with people at all levels of business. You’ve spent time working in agencies in the past, with at least 2 years’ experience as an account manager and more than 4 years’ experience in digital marketing or content marketing.
- Communication and presentation skills
Confident, clear, and engaging with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills. You’re able to sell in strategic recommendations and conceptual ideas in plain language so clients and colleagues understand them. You’re also very handy with PowerPoint or Keynote, developing presentation decks that have wow factor.
- Project management skills
A big picture thinker that can get equally obsessed by the details. Even the most ambitious ideas can be broken down into bite-sized chunks of work across a timeline. There’s nothing we could throw at you that you can’t make happen – and you can efficiently and effectively get things done yourself or through others, on time and on budget.
- Content marketing experience
You get content marketing, inbound marketing and building engaged owned audiences. From SEO to email, social media to podcasts, blogs to downloadable guides and video, you’re excited by helping businesses to be more useful and relevant to their customers and/or members through a data-informed approach.
- Business acumen
You have good business sense and a solid grasp of finance, budgeting, and operations. You also know how to turn a business challenge into a marketing or content opportunity.
- Curiosity and a hunger to learn
You want to learn and grow, and regularly invest in yourself to stay ahead of the game. You challenge people with new ways of thinking and never settle for the status quo.
Heads & Tales Content Agency is part of the Hardie Grant Media network, with thriving offices in both Melbourne and Sydney. We are proudly independent and live by our values: use your imagination, do the right thing, set the benchmark, work together, and stay ahead of the game. We believe in hard work and good fun, and our commitment to quality sets us apart.
As part of the Hardie Grant business we work closely with the broader group (230+ staff in Melbourne, Sydney, London and San Francisco) and offer learning and development, career pathways, and a great chance to grow personally.
How to Apply
Did we just describe you? If so, we’d love for you to get in touch. Please email your application, including cover letter and full CV, to email@example.com
by close of business on Friday 3 December.