Halliday Wine Companion is the home of Australian wine, producing wine-focused content for its members and readers across its website, magazine, eDMs, annual book, and social channels. Continuing the legacy of Australia’s foremost wine critic James Halliday, the brand also stages the annual Halliday Wine Companion Awards.
About the role
This full-time position is an excellent opportunity for a talented and motivated Assistant Editor to play a key role across Halliday’s various platforms. You will support the wider team in planning and executing strong and engaging commercial and editorial activity with an SEO-led focus in line with the content calendar and business objectives.
- Produce commercial content for digital campaigns and sponsored stories, ensuring editorial integrity
- Produce editorial content for SEO purposes
- Ideation and creation of editorial across print and digital, including news, long-form articles, interviews and more
- Collaborate with the team to generate concepts to maintain the content calendar
- Refresh online content, including SEO updates and optimisation
- Assist in delivery of the eDM program, working within Mailchimp
- Work within the content management system Sitecore to produce website articles
- Generate client reports on campaign results, analysing data and performance
- Work with marketing on content for social media and ad content
- Act as a website custodian to ensure tone and content is in line with brand guidelines
- Attend events and tastings as a Halliday representative, as relevant, to build network and generate content.
We’re seeking someone who loves writing and grammar, always seeks out fresh angles, and ensures value for the reader in everything they produce. Ideally, you have experience creating great content in a similar environment, with an understanding of SEO practices and data metrics. You have excellent time-management skills and can juggle competing priorities while remaining calm under pressure. You’re full of ideas, enjoy collaborating, and have an eye for detail and design.
Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and content management systems is desirable. And with wine and drinks at the core of what we do, we’re especially keen to hear from you if you know and love wine – experience in hospitality or liquor retail is a plus. Further wine education is also encouraged and supported by the business.
What we offer
At Hardie Grant, we live by our values: use your imagination, do the right thing, set the benchmark, work together and stay ahead of the game. Our commitment to quality sets us apart. We deliver content to broad audiences across wine, food, travel, children’s, art and design. We are a workplace of choice and are part of a group of 200+ staff in Melbourne, Sydney, London and San Francisco, with a real focus on continual learning and development, career pathways and personal growth.
We support flexible working hours and WFH and offer an additional four bonus half-days per annum to refresh and stay mentally healthy, as well as two all-staff Hack Days, a comprehensive L&D program, and an open and collaborative working environment.
If this job sounds like it’s made for you, send your application (including cover letter and full CV) to email@example.com
This role is based in Melbourne.
Hardie Grant is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We welcome job applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experience.