- Attractions reviewed and rated, using Michelin’s celebrated star-rating system from the medieval architecture of the 2-star village of Perouges to the rich treasures of the 3-star city of Lyon.
- Walk-throughs of major museums, galleries, churches and attractions so you don't miss a thing; includes illustrations and floor plans to focus on attraction highlights.
- Michelin walking and driving tours offer an in-depth, personal experience of this rich and diverse region. Follow one of the many Michelin driving tours to discover historic castles, picturesque villages, ancient landscapes, and even tasty cheeses. Walkers have a multitude of choices from hikes to the top of extinct volcanoes to strolls through medieval town centres of Thiers, Lyon or Le Puy-en- Velay.
- Comprehensive illustrated sections on modern-day Auvergne and the Rhone Valley, history, politics, art and culture—all written by experts in their fields.
- Sidebars touch on various topics ranging from Vichy's mineral springs to the Michelin Grand Prix.
- Detailed visitor information given for attractions, opening hours, entry fees, tour times, phone, website. Michelin area and city maps.
- Includes recommendations for great places to eat/stay for all budgets.
- Green Guides feature comprehensive, concise information for advance trip planning, and spontaneous decision-making during the journey.