In 2017, the Ampersand Prize will be open to young adult and middle-grade novels across all genres. To be eligible for the Ampersand Prize, writers should not have already published a novel for these audiences with a trade publisher anywhere in the world.
Submissions will be open for three weeks from Monday 10th to Friday 28th July 2017. No submissions will be accepted before or after this time.
Writers should send their complete submissions as one combined PDF or Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered eligible, submissions MUST contain these three items in the following order:
1. A cover sheet, with the following information:
- Author name
- Author's postal address
- Project title
- Word count
- Two-sentence pitch of your novel
- A short author bio
2. A one-page synopsis, that presents a clear indication of the key plot points and character development. And YES, you have to give away the ending!
3. Your full manuscript, formatted as follows:
- A4 page-size in a 10 to 12-point readable typeface (think Times New Roman, Arial, Calibri, Cambria, etc). Manuscripts should be double-spaced.
- Include page numbers.
- Include the title of your manuscript in the header or footer of your document.